[postgis-devel] Current master branch of postgis causing clone issues ?

John Harvey john.harvey at crunchydata.com
Thu Aug 25 10:31:57 PDT 2016

Hi Regina,

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, I think I know the issue and can explain it.
I *believe* that the 2 batch files were actually committed with LF-only.

Here's how I'll try to prove it:
First, let's grab the raw file from *before* the Tiger 2016 commit:
git show 2a35bea:extras/tiger_geocoder/create_geocode.bat >
~/before_create_geocode.bat

That command may look weird, but I'm doing it this way to prevent any
gitattribute changes or git config changes.

Second, let's grab the raw file *from* the Tiger 2016 commit
git show 598fea:extras/tiger_geocoder/create_geocode.bat >
~/after_create_geocode.bat

When I open ~/before_create_geocode.bat in a hex editor, I see that each
line ends in "$0D0A", i.e. CRLF
However, when I open ~/after_create_geocode.bat, I see that each line now
only ends in "$0A", i.e LF.  So, the CR was dropped in the last commit.
That's why in my environment (a mac, using git), the .gitattributes file
starts "fixing" things to be "$0D0A".

I've also verified that my pull-request I've sent in does contain the right
raw $0D0A endlines.
I know that it's an SVN project, so that may not be helpful-- I can try to
produce a patch-file if possible (or whatever you need).

Regards,
  -John