[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: PostGIS 2.2.1 release in 2 weeks

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jan 6 06:18:25 PST 2016

Greg,

I'm listening.  I would actually like that too.  I'm just not sure we are
disciplined enough for that.  I'm not sure I'm that disciplined at anyrate.
So temping to make doc changes right before release.

Maybe we can try that approach when we release 2.1.9 and 2.0.8  in  say
about 2 to 3 weeks time.

I'm thinking it would work like this:

1) Do all our work in branch.
2) Change the version number to release version number
3) Declare freeze on changes
4) Wait a couple of days -- 3 days feels about right
5) Then make the tagged release tarball.
6) Announce

Is that what you had in mind?

Thanks,
Regina