[postgis-devel] Drone based PostGIS builds

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Jul 6 08:47:51 PDT 2016

I've been playing with a new continuous integration system: drone.
It's written in Go and open sourced (APL2):
https://github.com/drone/drone

It has support for Gogs so could be used to check code pushed to:
https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/postgis/postgis/

Given we currently have TravisCI guarding PRs in github.com and
Gitlab-ci guarding PRs in gitlab.com, I think it's only fair to
also have PRs in osgeo.org checked for passing the testsuite.

My experimental Drone install is on my own host for now:
https://ci.kbt.io/postgis/postgis

If successful, it could maybe be moved to OSGeo machines.

This mail is to ask if anyone would be willing to provide
"build agents" to take care of processing pending builds.

It would involve running a docker container taking instructions
from the "master" drone. Full instructions are here:
http://readme.drone.io/0.5/manage/agents/

I'm in the process of turning my home-office machines into
postgis build agents as I write this email. Will you partecipate ?

  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html