[postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.3 release plans

Giuseppe Broccolo giuseppe.broccolo at 2ndquadrant.it
Sun Jul 24 15:53:43 PDT 2016

Hi all,

> 5) BRIN support -- I think some cleanup is still left with that patch being
> worked on, but looks pretty close for commit. -
> https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/106  So I would consider it a done
> deal except, it's not in our code base yet.  I want this in before
> mid-August so we can start stress testing it

About this: I and Julien Rouhaud have already received some comments about
our patch
presented in the pull request https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/106:
we have already
fixed some issues (support for empty entries, make testing "more light")
emerged in the
pull request's discussion, and we are waiting for further review of the
patch, and ready for
further changes/fixing.

We have also pointed up that travis CI currently runs regression tests on a
9.4 cluster,
so a "successful check" just means that configure steps successfully ignore
BRIN code in
pre 9.5 clusters (since BRIN support has been added in 9.5, and our patch
correctly manages
the various cases). Anyway, regression tests run successfully for 9.5 and
9.6beta3 clusters.

Regards,
Giuseppe.

--
Giuseppe Broccolo - 2ndQuadrant Italy
PostgreSQL & PostGIS Training, Services and Support