[postgis-devel] Validity flag

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Sun Mar 6 09:15:49 PST 2016

It's a quick read at the front, rather than a full traversal to the end.
You can't know where the end is without parsing the stuff in the middle.
We can move "lesser used" flags there, so in general we won't pay the
overhead often.
If we think the flags are very particular to particular users, we
could actually typologize it, so it could be cgal_extended_info in
some cases or other_extended_info in others.
Mostly I like the optionality and the fact that it's up front so the
rest can be ignored, *or* it can condition how you deal with the rest.