[postgis-devel] Note to Package Maintainers

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Oct 6 06:32:11 PDT 2016

The PostGIS PSC would like to setup a list of package maintainers we'd use
primarily for release preannouncements where we deem necessary.
This list can take one of two forms, but not sure which people would be most
comfortable with:

1) A specific mailing list for PostGIS Packagers

and / Or

2) Just a list of package maintainer that we continually update as part of
our repo (with email address if folks are okay with that or link for
follow-up) and that would be included as part of source repo.
This in part would provide credit to package maintainers and also provide us
with our pre-announce go to list.

We would also like to update this page:

http://postgis.net/install/

To include all PostGIS packagers that people use as well as link to their
bug tracker if any.

Any thoughts on above or updates to the page you'd like to provide us?

Thanks,
Regina Obe
PostGIS PSC Member
http://postgis.net