[postgis-devel] ST_AsGeobuf

Javier Santana jsantana at carto.com
Mon Sep 12 06:20:40 PDT 2016

Hey,

To give some context here about TWKB vs Geobuf: before actually pushing
TWKB to a postgis release we spent a pretty interesting amount of time on
closing the spec (specially Nicklass and Paul) and working on the
implementation so no backwards compatibility changes could happen.

Geobuf is a "format" with no actual closed spec and controlled by just a
single company, they will not mind about changing the spec without any
prior notice (likely not going to happen tho)

Not agains this patch or anything like that, but just to clarify that there
are actual differences between both formats.

>>> https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/postgis/postgis/pulls/4 or alternatively