[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Github or Gitea (OSGeo Git) or stay on SVN

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Aug 9 06:09:49 PDT 2017

> On 8 August 2017 at 23:07, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> wrote:
>> The practical aspects of "going where the people are" leads me to
>>  advocate for going all over to github. Code, tickets, etc.

> I second Paul's vote,

Paul has not voted.  He has advocated.  Advocation is NOT a vote.
It's a way of saying I'm encouraging other people to move in the direction I feel is right. :)

He has to say +1, -1, 0 for it to be considered a vote.

I suspect Sandro is conveniently not voting either.

--
> Mateusz Loskot

Mat,

If you had a choice between doing noting (e.g. keep svn, trac)

Or moving to

Gogs (git.osgeo.org, gogs ticket system)

Which would you choose?

I would choose the second, because even if git.osgeo.org isn't stable it's more trivial to go to github.
Nothing lost - we get to experiment, developers get to use git instead of svn while we do so.
We've already started the experiment.

Thanks,
Regina