[postgis-devel] Vote to bump minimum GEOS from 3.3 to 3.5 - PostGIS 2.4.0

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sun Aug 20 05:56:46 PDT 2017

GEOS 3.5 has been out for a while and a lot of our newer features in PostGIS
2.3 and 2.4 rely on at least GEOS 3.6.

Looking around, it looks like quite a few package maintainers for 2.3 are
running GEOS 3.5.0 so I don't think we can bump any higher than that so
close to release time.

Would anyone be inconvenienced though if we bumped to GEOS 3.5 for 2.4?

At the very least, I'd like to bump to GEOS 3.4 since that is 4 years old
already. I don't see anyone running lower than that and if they are they
really should upgrade for their own good.

Thanks,
Regina