[postgis-devel] PostGIS (actually liblwgeom) integration with oss-fuzz

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Jul 7 15:58:10 PDT 2017

On vendredi 7 juillet 2017 18:46:31 CEST Regina Obe wrote:
> Okay Even sold me on this and convinced me it's not as much work as I'm
> expecting it to be.  I guess I'll step forward.
>

> I'll submit a request to OSS fuzz hopefully this weekend for the continuous
> integration service and pull in Even's setup.

OK, if you submit the oss-fuzz part, don't forget to change the repo URL to the PostGIS
official one instead of my fork I temporarily used for my local experiments. And add the
emails of folks that want to have access to the bug reports in project.yaml (bug reports are
embargoed to the public for 90 days)
But I can take care of submitting the oss-fuzz part if you want.
The only part I can't do myself is committing the PostGIS part.

> Even did you by chance see anything funny with Kmeans?

Hum, I'm not familiar with Kmeans, and as I only created fuzzer entry-points for
lwgeom_from_wkt() and lwgeom_from_wkb(), oss-fuzz for now will only find issues in those
parts of the code

> That cunit thing is
> driving me nuts cause it fails 25% of the time on windows (more on 32-bit
> runs)with some crash.

My generic solution for this is : Linux + valgrind, or a -fsanitize=address build (assuming this
isn't a Windows specific issue, but something that's just hidden on Linux)
Isn't there a -fsanitize=address enabled config for PostGIS ? I didn't try mysefl. I guess that
would probably require explict LD_PRELOAD'ing the libasan.so since Postgres will not by
default by built with this flag

Even

http://www.spatialys.com