[postgis-devel] PostGIS (actually liblwgeom) integration with oss-fuzz

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jul 13 02:18:51 PDT 2017

On mercredi 12 juillet 2017 18:38:24 CEST Regina Obe wrote:
> Yah I  think your email has to be a gmail. I can see them, but my account is
> under gmail.
>
> And yes I think we can setup locally if we want.  I think Even had
> experimented with that. We'd probably want to setup locally anyway so we
> can test out changes before we add to our fuzz list. I haven't done the leg
> work to figure out how to set up locally though and not sure when I'll have
> time to do that. Strk -- if you want to take a stab at it, I'd be so happy
> :)

There are 2 different things :

- reproduce locally a bug found by oss-fuzz. You can just build the dummy fuzzer in PostGIS
by doing

cd fuzzers
make dummyfuzzers
and it generates /tmp/wkb_import_fuzzer and /tmp/wkt_import_fuzzer

Then download the reproducer test cases from the oss-fuzz ticket and do

/tmp/wkb_import_fuzzer the_file (or /tmp/wkt_import_fuzzer the_file depending on which
fuzzer found the issue)

Possibly under Valgrind, or with a PostGIS build configured with
CFLAGS="-fsanitize=undefined,address", so as to catch the issues that don't systemetically
translate to crashes.

- fuzz the code yourself. Then you need to use the oss-fuzz Python scripts that rely on Docker
underneath. See instructions in fuzzers/README.TXT

Even

http://www.spatialys.com