[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: PostGIS 2.3.3 in 2-3 weeks

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jun 6 07:27:06 PDT 2017

It's been a while since we've done a patch update. There isn't much for
PostGIS 2.2 branch but quite a few for PostGIS 2.3.3.
Our 2.3.2 was released in February.  So feels about right time for another.

Here are the note-worthy ones.

	  - #3711, Azimuth error upon adding 2.5D edges to topology
	  - #3726, PDF manual from dblatex renders fancy quotes for
programlisting
	           (Mike Toews)
	  - #3738, raster: Using -s without -Y in raster2pgsql transforms
	           raster data instead of setting srid
	  - #3744, ST_Subdivide loses subparts of inverted geometries
	           (Darafei Praliaskouski Komzpa)
	  - #3750, @ and ~ operator not always schema qualified in geometry
	           and raster functions. Causes restore issues.
	           (Shane StClair of Axiom Data Science)

We do have a couple open I'd like to see closed before release.  The
following open are marked as blockers, high, or critical so should be
addressed before release.
The others left I'll push to next release if they are not done before we are
ready to release.

#3704 	ST_AsX3D returns random data / crashes client 	PostGIS 2.3.3 	robe
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3704
#3718 	Invalid edge (no two distinct vertices exist) 	PostGIS 2.3.3 	strk
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3718
#3723 	st_geohash not correct for some multipoint 	PostGIS 2.3.3
pramsey https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3723

Everyone okay (even non-PSC folks) with plan to release around late June?

Thanks,
Regina