[postgis-devel] ST_CurveToLine extended API proposal

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Jun 19 02:05:47 PDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 09:06:53AM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> All equal lengths has nice properties in terms of both regular lengths and
> regular angles between segments. If you can do it, I don't really see the
> point in other "lesser" options. Also, am fine WRT to the API as long as we
> preserve the backwards compatibility, as we do know that lots of people use
> these functions, so behavior changes on the old API *will* cause complaints.

All-equal-lengths is now implemented in the PR:
https://gitlab.com/postgis/postgis/merge_requests/3

As of commit b9599af94321d7c9585d59bd5f9202975d7768b5

It'll be done when passing LW_LINEARIZE_FLAG_SYMMETRIC flag
to this new liblwgeom function:

   LWGEOM* lwcurve_linearize(const LWGEOM *geom, double tol,
                             LW_LINEARIZE_TOLERANCE_TYPE type, int flags);

Backward compatibility is retained (lwgeom_stroke calls
lwcurve_linearize with flags and types retaining backward
compatibility).