[postgis-devel] Duplicate tags appearing in postgis git repo

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Sat May 20 00:01:11 PDT 2017

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 09:50:57PM +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> Now I'm curious to know if those 7 commits are also really in SVN
> and what others do get by running the init scripts.

So, those 7 commits are really in SVN:
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/log/tags/2.2.0

But with the last commit, the codebase is exactly the same as it was
at the beginning, as the last commits were reverts after realizing the
mistake.

   git diff --stat svn/tags/2.2.0 svn/tags/2.2.0~7 # empty result.

In the other cases there are indeed some persisting changes but chances
are they really got into the packages. I hadn't checked each in turn to
tell for sure. The full report of changes between shifted tags is here:

   http://strk.kbt.io/tmp/postgis-tag-shifts.txt

John, any chance you have easy tooling to make these checks ?
You can see the changes are really small and mostly on documentation
or build script tweaks.