[postgis-devel] More descriptive error message from ST_Node needed

Tom van Tilburg tom.van.tilburg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 03:14:45 PST 2017

Since ST_Node has been updated to use GEOSNode (
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3647) it stopped being descriptive
about where it goes wrong and simply tells me:
 GEOSUnaryUnion: std::exception
while running: ST_Node(ST_Collect(ST_ExteriorRing(geom))) on a large
problematic set.

Would be nice if it tells me what exactly went wrong on what coordinates
(likely a topology error).
My question is 2-fold:
1. What could I currently do to pull a more descriptive error? (I tried
ST_UnaryUnion instead of ST_Node but that doesn't crash on me)
2. Shall I file a ticket for better error handling?

Chrs,
 Tom