[postgis-devel] [geos-devel] RFC6 - Drop GEOS C++ API at GEOS 3.8

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Oct 3 18:17:16 PDT 2017

Well README on this page reads okay to me and says

https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/geos/geos#client-applications  no stability offered for C++ API.
Anything you want changed there?

All my suggested changes to install Hobu and Mat booed so I think install changes are off the table.

I think the only other thing we can do is remind people in every release note that if they are using the C++ API they need to check their code before using it.  But not sure how many folks actually read release notes.

I really wanted it just turned off by default so lazy people who refuse to read wouldn't be using the C++ API, because in order to know how to use the C++ API, you have to read our warning first :)

So much for that effort.

Thanks,
Regina