[postgis-devel] EXTENSION upgrade scripts are now symlinks

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Oct 5 03:56:23 PDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 09:18:01PM +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> I've changed install scripts to install a single
> real file for extension upgrades, named:
>
>   postgis--ANY--${version}.sql
>
> and turn all the others (one for each upgradeable
> version) to symlinks to that single file.
>
> Please test it on your systems, see if you like it.
> Once everyone is happy it'll need to be done for all
> extensions.

FYI: I found that this is not working on my own system either.
While symlinks are there in the build tree, they all become
real files when installed by PGXS, so the final effect
is that you just have ONE MORE FILE in the destination
(the *--ANY--* file).

I'm afraid the only way to fix this would be to override
the PGXS install rule, or use an hook to install things
outselves...