[postgis-devel] EXTENSION upgrade scripts are now symlinks

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Oct 6 01:28:22 PDT 2017

Correct when I installed they seem to be just copies.  Ln command works okay under minwg64 though it won't in plain old windows.  But I don't think we care about that.

However I'm a bit puzzled strk.  I thought we had a script for like 2.4-2.5, 2.3-2.5 etc generated by the perl scripts.

I only seeing one postgis--ANY-2.5.0dev.sql

I don't see how a single ANY can deal with all our minor upgrades since the perl script generates different things for each minor e.g. if aggs are created in a minor like 2.4 and you are going from 2.3-2.5 it would create that agg and if changed would drop create?  Or did you change that logic to make everything consolidated into Dos

I was actually thinking we should have single script with DO's to handle all the permutations of how people could have upgraded.  That would take care of those mess-ups of gong from like postgresql 9.4 2.3.0 to postgresql 9.6 2.3.3