[postgis-devel] EXTENSION upgrade scripts are now symlinks

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Oct 6 03:16:50 PDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 04:55:58AM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:
> Disregard my last question.  I forgot we changed a while ago after we dropped support for PostgreSQL 9.0 to just use DO to handle the differences in versions and just have  single upgrade script

Exactly, PostGIS makes it easier to upgrade !
The problem is only PostgreSQL which tries to make it harder..

I actually wonder if we could have a single --next script
so you could always do:

 ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE to 'next';

And then the script would re-set pg_extension version
to drop the "next" and keep the "final".

I know, very cowboysh, but I'm really sick of all those files,
even if they're now symlinks...