[postgis-devel] PSC Vote PostGIS Committer Guideline changes

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Oct 13 06:56:20 PDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 6:52 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:

> I think "git pulls and git" should not be a requirement.
> Installing all testing support and passing "make check"
> before committing should be.

For some defn's of the word "all". I don't run SFCGAL tests. (Because I'm
lazy.) But if I wasn't lazy I wouldn't be testing the "without SFCGAL"
case, which is also a valid setup needing coverage. I'm currently working
against pgsql 10 on my laptop and 11 on my desktop, but that leaves several
other supported versions I am not testing against. At some level I'm just
hoping our dev squad has enough overall coverage that we'll hit all our
corner cases from time to time.

P.