[postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.2.6, 2.3.4, and 2.4.1

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Oct 20 08:23:19 PDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 05:57:13AM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> I think this is something that has only been biting me, and only recently
> (not sure what changed, versionwise, maybe glibtoolize behaviour). I
> reflexively run ./make_dist.sh inside the svn directory I'm work with,
> which already has install-sh installed. make_dist pulls the source, goes
> into that directory and runs ./autogen.sh, and glibtoolize then does *not*
> bring in install-sh because there's already a copy.... one directory level
> higher.

I can reproduce here with libtool 2.4.6.
Run with -verbose flag it says:

  libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in '..'.

Instead of:

  libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in '.'.

When ../install-sh exists

Would you file a ticket for this problem ?
Seems to be fixed by adding this to configure.ac:

    AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR(.)