[postgis-devel] Snap-Rounding based overlay operations

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Sep 20 07:05:52 PDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 08:09:02AM -0400, Daniel Baston wrote:
> For those that aren't aware, there's already a pull request that implements
> the behavior Sandro is describing:
> https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/100

Note that what I'm talking about is a _new_ algorithm in GEOS,
so that the results may be different from the ones you'd be getting
with current code once your branch is merged.

If we want to be able to run both the current and the new algorithm
then we'll still need either a GUC or further parameters to switch
between the two (or more, in the future) ...