[postgis-devel] Snap-Rounding based overlay operations

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 07:57:59 PDT 2017

Would a GUC really be needed for enabling / disabling fixed-precision mode?
I'd think the mode could be inferred by the fact that we're calling an
overlay function either with or without a specified precision..

ST_Intersection(a.geom, b.geom, op_precision := 1e-6) would use a fixed
precision algorithm, however that is implemented by the installed GEOS
version

ST_Intersection(a.geom, b.geom) would use the current double precision
algorithm

Dan