[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] PostGIS 2.4.0rc2 released

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Sep 25 17:18:11 PDT 2017

"Regina Obe" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:

> The PostGIS development team is pleased to announce the release of PostGIS
> 2.4.0rc2.

I built on NetBSD 7 amd64 with pgsql 9.3.19.

I see that that strncasecmp patch has been applied - thanks!

There is still a twisty maze of #ifdef $os/#define UNIX/#define LINUX,
and I think it is doing nothing and should be deleted.  But that is
perhaps appropriate for trunk, rather than rc, and maybe that happened
there.

The tests failed; the tarball seems to have been constructed differently
from beta1.  (I didn't notice or try rc1.)

/usr/pkg/bin/xmllint --loaddtd --xinclude --valid postgis-out.xml > /dev/null
gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/u0/n0/gdt/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/databases/postgresql-postgis2/work/postgis-2.4.0rc2/doc'
! find . -name '*.c' -o -name '*.h' | \
  grep -vf .gitignore | \
  xargs grep -Pn '[\t ]$'
grep: .gitignore: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:41: recipe for target 'check-no-trailing-blanks' failed
gmake[1]: *** [check-no-trailing-blanks] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/u0/n0/gdt/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/databases/postgresql-postgis2/work/postgis-2.4.0rc2'
Makefile:6: recipe for target 'check' failed

After working around that, tests worked ok until the raster test, where
apparently the server crashes.