[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] PostGIS 2.4.0rc2 released

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Sep 26 17:14:00 PDT 2017

"Regina Obe" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:

>> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 08:18:11PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>
>>> grep: .gitignore: No such file or directory
>>> GNUmakefile:41: recipe for target 'check-no-trailing-blanks' failed
>
>> I think we should to include .gitignore in distribution.
>> Creating the distro via make_dist.sh should do the right thing,
>> Regina are you not using that script ?
>
>> --strk;
>
> No not using that but I'll take a look and patch up debbie's script.

I don't understand why you aren't using the standard script.  It's
important for the release process to be repeatable, so that the mapping
from bits in the VCS to the tarball is entirely deterministic.  Using a
different script that other people can't see and can't fix loses that
property.

> I'll release rc3 tomorrow.  I ran into the same issue Greg noted above
> when I branched off PostGIS 2.5.  Not sure why it's only happening on
> Debbie.

I should be able to test that too.