[postgis-devel] postgis 2.4.3 (and 2.3.6) release?

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sun Jan 14 07:04:00 PST 2018

> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 12:52:08AM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:
>> Paul and Sandro,
>>
>> Did you want to get the fix in for the ST_Transform schema qualification before we do the next release?
>>
>> I would think that would be the only reason to hold up a release any longer.

>> It looks like Paul nailed that already (but needs to be backported still ?)

Paul said he backported it already, though he still has this ticket open

Paul, can you please close or comment why it's still open.
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3975

> Rather, did we break pg_upgrade with that BRIN upgrade fix ?
> Or are we already recommending to upgrade postgis right after a pg_upgrade and thus are happy about it ?

It's always best to run upgrade postgis right after a pg_upgrade especially if you are coming from a version where not all features were present

e.g. coming from 9.4 to 9.6

Though I guess we need to make that clearer.  I'll reiterate in the news release.

Thanks,
Regina