[postgis-devel] GSoC - looking for co-mentor

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jan 17 09:38:16 PST 2018

Victoria,

Is this planned for pgAdmin4?  I had this ticketed as a future thing that would be nice to have.

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3648

Also I think I had a ticket somewhere (though can't find it) of having an shp2pgsql plugin for pgAdmin4.  Since pgAdmin4 is web-based (python-based), shp2pgsql-gui is probably not suitable to piggy back on.
Might actually be possible to piggy-back on shp2pgsql CLI or use a python library like shapely.  This would be better anyway since most distros do not ship shp2pgsql aside from Windows PostGIS Bundle Stackbuilder (which I maintain) and BoundlessGeo.

Unfortunately I've overcommitted myself to other responsibilities, so can't take on helping with mentoring, aside from answering questions here and there.

If you haven't already, might be worthwhile to write to the pgAdmin4 support mailing list since anything created for that would need to be approved before it's committed.

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgadmin-support/

Hope that helps,
Regina