[postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.5.0beta1 is released

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Jul 9 12:52:18 PDT 2018

[Regina Obe]
A lot of these things in 2.5 are things I'd like fixed come 2.5.0 release
time, so perhaps I'm being overly optimistic about that.

Another reason:
It's unclear if the next release is going to be PostGIS 3.0 or PostGIS 2.5.0
I'll send out a PSC vote shortly.

I want it to be 3.0 so we can officially agree on dropping the minor version
in our lib file.
Something people have said "But we don't want to do that in 2, maybe 3", but
that I've got enough screams about from people trying to pg_upgrade
that it seems in my mind an necessary thing we need to do to ease upgrades.

Anyway I'll put that out to vote and start pushing things to that that I
earnestly don't think we can get done in 2.5 (or too dangerous to get done
in 2.5).

Thanks,
Regina