[postgis-devel] [SoC]Week 10 Report - Implement Geospatial Data Viewer in pgAdmin4 for PostGIS

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 14:59:28 PDT 2018

On 31 July 2018 at 17:33, Xuri Gong <xurigoong at gmail.com> wrote:
> As for the OSM tile layer, currently it would be added to the map only if
> the geometry's SRID is 4326. There would be no tile layer for geometries
> with other SRIDs because the viewer can't do coordinate transformations.

In the screenshot, I'm seeing SRID=4326 geometries on top of a Web
Mercator map, so there is a coordinate transformation taking place
somewhere.

I don't see why other SRIDs (e.g. UTM) couldn't be transformed too.
(Mind you, not all results look good on Web Mercator anyways.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Mercator