[postgis-devel] Code formatting digging in

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Mar 5 08:19:48 PST 2018

On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 01:50:51PM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:

> From my perspective, the 3 most important things about consistent convention are:
>
> 1) Tab or Space for indenting (and if space how many spaces)
> 2) LF or CRLF for line end
> 3) character set (this has bitten us in the past with people editing the NEWS file and changing the encoding to Latin or something and screwing up people's names)

I agree, and I think editorconfig is doing all of the above.

For the record, I also saw the editorconfig plugin for Vim
strip trailing blanks from untouched lines. It is the main
reason why you find some "strip trailing slashes" commits from
myself in the relatively recenty codechange history.
I do not remember it changing indentation from non-touched lines).