[postgis-devel] address_standardizer build failed with postgresql 11devel changed

Raúl Marín Rodríguez rmrodriguez at carto.com
Fri May 18 02:18:35 PDT 2018

Hi,

Normally we only try to keep up with postgresql-dev in our trunk branch
until there is a RC, but I've just backported the PG 11 compatibility to
our 2.4 dev branch so you can use that if you want.
Nevertheless, I'd recommend you to either use the latest stable release for
both (postgresql 10.4, postgis 2.4.4) or the development branches for both
(master for postgresql and trunk for postgis).

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 9:54 AM, 舒元昊 <jincheng.jcs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all:
>     I'm new here, I don't know is it appropriate to report that issue via
> mail list. If not, I apologize.
>
>     I have builded postgis2.4.4 and postgis2.4.5dev with postgresql
> 11devel today, and one error occured when `make` address_standardizer, here
> is the error info:
>
>>     std_pg_hash.c: In function ‘AddToStdPortalCache’:
>> std_pg_hash.c:400:44: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘MemoryConte
>> xtCreate’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conver sion]
>>      STDMemoryContext = MemoryContextCreate(T_AllocSetContext, 819
>>                                             ^
>> In file included from std_pg_hash.c:7:0:
>> /mnt/e/app/postgres/include/server/utils/memutils.h:140:13: note:
>> expected ‘MemoryContext {aka struct MemoryContextData *}’ but ar
>> gument is of type ‘int’
>>  extern void MemoryContextCreate(MemoryContext node,
>>              ^
>> std_pg_hash.c:400:22: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be
>>      STDMemoryContext = MemoryContextCreate(T_AllocSetContext, 819
>>                       ^
>> <builtin>: recipe for target 'std_pg_hash.o' failed
>> make[2]: *** [std_pg_hash.o] Error 1
>

> so I look at my postgresql and find out that MemoryContextCreate was a
> void funcation, here is the code in utils/memutils.h
>

>> /*
>>  * This routine handles the context-type-independent part of memory
>>  * context creation.  It's intended to be called from context-type-
>>  * specific creation routines, and noplace else.
>>  */
>> extern void MemoryContextCreate(MemoryContext node,
>>                                         NodeTag tag,
>>                                         const MemoryContextMethods
>> *methods,
>>                                         MemoryContext parent,
>>                                         const char *name);
>>

> Now I think this is an error  caused by postgresql function change, am I
> right ? So I should use a older version of postgresql ?
> If what I think was wrong, pls help me.
>
> Thank you very much!

*Raúl Marín Rodríguez *carto.com