[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] PostGIS 2.5.0 alpha released

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed May 30 12:21:02 PDT 2018

"Regina Obe" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:

>> Continuing along, I am looking at the diff in the "PLIST", which is
>> pkgsrc's manifest of files.  Of course things change, but part of the
>> benefit is seeing if all the changes make sense.

>> Most of the following seems fine, but the last line is puzzling, as if we
>> are no longer installing sql for the tiger geocoder, but still have upgrade
>> sql.  But maybe the --${PKGVERSION}.sql line is the proper install, and
>> there was a spurious installation before, and it got fixed.

> Having
> share/postgresql/extension/postgis_tiger_geocoder--${PKGVERSION}.sql
> is sufficient.  I don't think the regular postgis_tiger_geocoder.sql
> was ever called. Though I don't recall explicitly taking it out.  Mind
> have been during the ANY change.

OK...

>> There is also the new "ANY" line which seems a bit funny.
>
> The ANY is because in PostGIS 2.5 we changed to using symlinks.  So all
> upgrade scripts should be linked to the ANY--${PKGVERSION}.sql file.
> I think the same behavior should show in the other extensions.  Are you only
> seeing it for tiger geocoder?

No, for base and raster too.

I supposed if there are a bunch of symlinks, and the script that uses
them could use ANY, and all of these symlinks go away, that would ease a
minor packaging headache.

So other than a mild "not in NEWS" complaint :-) about these, which is
really a packager complaint since this is arugably not really user
visible, this is all fine.   I just wanted to check.

And, tests are ok, except raster tests, which is how 2.4.x is, and I am
pretty sure this is a gdal issue.  (With gdal 2.0, they pass, but with
2.2, they fail.)  Yes,  I know I need to run the gdal tests, which
someone has explained to me are in a separate repository, so you can't
just run "make check" like you'd expect.