[postgis-devel] Making SFCGAL mandatory

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Sun Nov 11 22:38:16 PST 2018

Hi,

This year Ubuntu Bionic was released without SFCGAL because of build
failures for last release.

As a consequence, we can't assume anyone with recent distro will have
SFCGAL-enabled PostGIS until year 2023, when Bionic is End-Of-Life.

I propose changing PostGIS build so that it requires SFCGAL, but that
dependency can be switched off by --without-sfcgal, much like it is already
with raster, so that this story doesn't repeat, or at least there is some
more visibility of the issue on the packaging side.

Any objections? :)
--
Darafei Praliaskouski
Support me: http://patreon.com/komzpa