[postgis-devel] Making SFCGAL mandatory

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 05:49:14 PST 2018

Well, the current behavior is to build with SFCGAL if it's found, and
silently build without it if it's not. It might be advantageous to set a
rigid default (either SFCGAL on or off; I'd lean towards off) that can be
overridden with `--with-sfcgal` or `--without-sfcgal`. Greg Troxel
summarized the downsides of the current approach a while ago.

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-devel/2015-December/025490.html

Dan