[postgis-devel] Making SFCGAL mandatory

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Nov 15 08:50:00 PST 2018

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 8:20 AM Regina Obe <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:

> [...]

Agreed.

Yes, this would have be an interesting approach back when we had the
option, but sort of assumes using specific install schemas as a general
policy, which not everyone does.
Since I was complaining about it being a basically unused features, I was
this morning wondering about removing the run-time backend switch?  If we
want to keep binding to specific CGAL functions that overlap GEOS
functionality, then just naming them appropriately (CGAL_Intersects()?
ST_IntersectsCGAL()?) would hardly be the end of the world.

P.