[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] PostGIS case usages

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Oct 31 16:17:04 PDT 2018

Tom,

That's a pretty nice use case and one I've thought of coming from a Bioelectronics/Biomechanics educational background.

I think a lot more people would be using PostGIS if they saw it as a tool set of tools for visualizing and analyzing space, instead of "a toolset for GIS"
The GIS word seems to be a turn-off for a lot of people who have spatial problems to solve but don't think of themselves as GIS practioners.

I much prefer the term "Spatial" than GIS because it really focuses on what I think makes PostGIS great - "A tool for analyzing space"

Thanks,
Regina