[postgis-devel] Why do we still install liblwgeom includes

Raúl Marín Rodríguez rmrodriguez at carto.com
Sun Sep 16 08:52:25 PDT 2018

Hi,

> I can understand the libs being installed to support should someone want to
build liblwgeom as shared, but why do we still install the include files?

The same reason as the libs. You also need the headers to compile against them.

> At the very least, building PostGIS should NOT be using installed liblwgeom
includes.

I agree and I think this is the real issue. The build should be done against the
local code, not system libraries.

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 5:32 PM, Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski
<me at komzpa.net> wrote:
> Looking on my Ubuntu Bionic system, python-qgis 2.18.17 is the only
> non-postgis package that depends on liblwgeom-dev. I don't know why.
>
> вс, 16 сент. 2018 г. в 18:20, Regina Obe <lr at pcorp.us>:
>>
>> I think we had agreed a while ago  that our liblwgeom is private to
>> PostGIS.
>>
>> I can understand the libs being installed to support should someone want
>> build liblwgeom as shared, but why do we still install the include files?
>>

>> I'm running into this issue again and while it possibly may have been
>> triggered by change in our code, I'm still miffed we install the libwlgeom
>> includes at all.
>>
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/4180
>>
>> At the very least, building PostGIS should NOT be using installed
>> liblwgeom
>> includes.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Regina