[postgis-devel] Making SFCGAL mandatory

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Tue Feb 19 23:22:20 PST 2019

Hi,

I implemented support for 3D solid POLYHEDRALSURFACE and 3D solid TIN on
lwgeom side.
Implementation of three dimensional ST_3DIntersection / ST_3DDistance I
believe is now feature-match with SFCGAL, so I removed SFCGAL switch
without any renamings.

This way I removed most of sfcgal tests, which are in turn are just core
tests with backend switch on top.

There are things in postgis_sfcgal that really all not about SFCGAL, like
ST_MakeSolid or ST_IsSolid - they can be moved out of it as they only check
flags.

Anybody willing to split up the .so files now that the math is fixed?
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/4258