[postgis-devel] Can we put back GEOS 3.5 support in 3.0?

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jan 23 05:27:48 PST 2019

I know I was the one that took it out.  I had taken it out with the
assumption we'd skip PostgreSQL 12 cycle and do a 2 year run.
But it sounds like there will be some nice things we can leverage in
PostgreSQL 12, so would be pity to miss that.

I also hadn't counted on Gittie and Fuzzie complaining.

So debating between the effort to fix Gittie and Fuzzie or put back GEOS
3.5, and the thought that others might be in the Gittie / Fuzzie boat,
I'd much prefer living with GEOS 3.5 a year longer.  It would be one less
reason for people not to upgrade to 3.0, and I want people upgrading to
PostGIS 3.0  more than I want them getting off old GEOS.

I'll even do the leg work of putting back GEOS 3.5 support.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Regina