[postgis-devel] statically linked liblwgeom, why ?

Raúl Marín Rodríguez rmrodriguez at carto.com
Thu Jan 24 12:45:49 PST 2019

Hi,

> This isn't true. We control the build scripts so we can find the
> liblwgeom header from the source tree, as it was always meant to
happen.

That was already happening, except for the bugs that appeared every once in
a while in different places.

What I was trying to say is that if you don't install the library (the .so)
it doesn't make any sense to link to it dynamically since it won't be there
when you need it to run your programs.

I believe there was a thread around this recently (a month ago) but I don't
remember the specifics (and I'm not in my computer). Maybe some wanted only
the headers gone while others understood that both the library and the
headers wouldn't be installed anymore.

--

*Raúl Marín Rodríguez *carto.com