[postgis-devel] Neutral GitHub bot name

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Jun 5 00:01:32 PDT 2019

On Tue, Jun 04, 2019 at 06:00:11PM +0300, Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently each time I merge a PR I get an email that says it comes from
> Sandro about closing the PR. This confused people in the past ("Sandro
> merged my Pull Request" when it wasn't Sandro) and frightens ("Each time I
> get a mail that says it's comment from Sandro I'm afraid I did something
> wrong"). Can we have a non personal roaming account doing this? :)

We'd need a similar "bot account" for all other mirrors, and share
credentials with whoever runs the mirroring script (that's me IIRC,
unless Regina has a record of having moved mirroring scripts to
postgis.net infra).

I suggest you create such accounts for GitHub and store information
about it int the appropriate page:

  https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GitHub

Security would need to be handled at SAC level, so if you want to
maintain such a bot account please join SAC too:

  https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC

NOTE that a bot account on GitLab is already registered, see

  https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:GitLab