[postgis-devel] gserialized-v2

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Jun 26 07:51:57 PDT 2019

> On Jun 25, 2019, at 10:25 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
>
> BTW: what happened to the TinyWKB serialization format idea ? Are we
> missing a chance to give more attention to that now that a concept of
> version is being introduced ?

I need to do a second document, as I’ve had some thoughts on other potential ways to attack v2… :/

Basically TWKB could be done by sticking a “geom is twkb” flag into the extflags, but then you get twkb only at the expense of the extra 8 bytes of xflags. Which, since twkb is only really useful for quite large things, is maybe a reasonable thing to do.

P.