[postgis-devel] Support Functions

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Mar 1 13:29:56 PST 2019

This PR is getting closer, but there’s still some outstanding stuff…

https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/378 <https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/378>

* In order to pass regression I had to change a number of references to _ST_Function to the new ST_Function, in places in raster and topology where there were direct calls to those signatures. Shouldn’t make any difference as the “index aware” calls only use indexes when they exist and make sense
* More problematically there’s a lot of inlined index magic in raster which implies a whole second effort to strip those out. My enthusiasm for that… low.
* Most problematically, even when the _ST_Function calls are removed, topology fails regression, with what appear to be actual differences in behaviour. It’s not clear to me why my changes would have caused behaviour changes. Unfortunately it’s really hard to figure out what precise geometry combinations are being exercised in the topology tests.