[postgis-devel] regress/00-regress-install/lib/postgis-3.so: undefined symbol: CallerFInfoFunctionCall2

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Mar 13 08:21:02 PDT 2019

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 10:40:39AM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 09:07:28AM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> > Current trunk (r17335) fails for me on "make check", with this message:
> >
> > psql:/usr/src/postgis/repository-sync-scripts/postgis/regress/00-regress-install/share/contrib/postgis/postgis.sql:97: ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/src/postgis/repository-sync-scripts/postgis/regress/00-regress-install/lib/postgis-3.so": /usr/src/postgis/repository-sync-scripts/postgis/regress/00-regress-install/lib/postgis-3.so: undefined symbol: CallerFInfoFunctionCall2
> >
> > The problem seems to be that I have dev headers for 10 but am running
> > tests against 9.6 server. The change in r17336 did not help with this.
>
> I think the problem is that the default port at which the target
> PostgreSQL is running (if it is running) is not necessarely the
> default one. So a possible fix could be ensuring version match
> inside run_test.pl. Will take a stub at it.

I verified this was the problem and committed a change that will
fail earlier in this case and give a nice error for user, like this:

 ERROR:  PostGIS built for PostgreSQL 10.0 cannot be loaded in PostgreSQL 9.6.9

NOTE that this happens on Debian and derivated systems when installing
  package postgresql-server-dev-all in that such package will make
  `pg_config --version` always return latest supported version (10 in
  this case) even if you don't have the server running.

  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html