[postgis-devel] Docker and Lightweight Libraries

Adam Dadvar adam.dadvar at gmail.com
Fri May 10 02:23:25 PDT 2019

Hi All,

Have been playing around with Docker a lot recently and was wondering if
there was any reason why there is no *official* PostGIS Docker repository
that builds on the PostgreSQL <https://hub.docker.com/_/postgres> image?

While we're on the subject of Docker and containers, I thought I'd ask if
there is any scope for a lightweight PostGIS library that only has the bash
scripts in it? A sort of "postgis-client" type of thing, that allows you to
interact with remote databases running PostGIS without having to install
the entire 300MB library yourself.

I'd be willing to help support these efforts if people pointed me in the
right direction.
Regards,
Adam