[postgis-devel] git .mailmap

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed May 15 23:44:29 PDT 2019

I've added a .mailmap file to the repository so that `git shortlog`
correctly groups commits by people who for any reason changed their
git attribution (name,email) over time.

Yes, we're using SVN, so nobody intentionally changed their
attribution, but it looks like our changes in the `authors.git`
resulted in some diverse attribution.

So for short: check .mailmap file in the root of the repository
and if you want to be recognized in some other way tweak the
first part (name <address>) of the line.

HINT: check out `git shortlog -ens` for a quick view

  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html