[postgis-devel] gzip support for ST_AsMVT

Yuri Astrakhan yuriastrakhan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 11:57:33 PST 2019

OSM -> PostgreSQL is done by Imposm 3, which updates database tables on the
daily/hourly/minute basis. Every time it runs, it generates a list of
changed tiles.  I do not know what process they use for it -- from my
perspective, I simply get the list of updated tiles on zoom 14 as a file,
and I could use it to regenerate cached tiles or purge them from Varnish.
Perhaps Imposm maintainers could find a good use for that functionality?

[1] https://imposm.org/docs/imposm3/latest/tutorial.html#expire-tiles