[postgis-devel] Postgis 3.1 minimum requirements update

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Nov 11 12:26:18 PST 2019

You can always install legacy.sql ontop of extensions.  For the cases I need it (which is rare I do) that.

I think DBaaS systems I forget which one - perhaps it was heroku even packaged the legacy.sql as an extension to get around the power user issue.

I've been thinking we probably should do the same - just bite the bullet and have legacy.sql be packaged as an extension.

It is kind of annoying that I have to give extra instructions about how to upgrade it.

If it were an extension - then upgrading it would be part of the

SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade();

Command