[postgis-devel] Proposal: Adding buffer parameter to ST_TileEnvelope()

Yuri Astrakhan yuriastrakhan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 06:22:01 PST 2019

Paul, I was thinking of using the same definitions as in ST_AsMVTGeom():

* buffer is the buffer distance in tile coordinate space to optionally clip
geometries.

So the buffer would be in the tile's units, and depend on the zoom level.
I suspect we have to add extent parameter too, rather than use default 4096.