[postgis-devel] Centos 6?

Justin Pryzby pryzby at telsasoft.com
Sun Oct 6 08:48:00 PDT 2019

On Sun, Oct 06, 2019 at 08:15:45AM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> I tried to build on Centos 6 (only 32bit VM I had around) and was a little surprised to find we don’t build there.

I was literally in the middle of mailing Devrim about packaging postgis25 for
centos6 :)

> Firstly because of some pragmas that don’t exist on older GCC, and then (didn’t get past this issue) because the postgis_proc_upgrade.util file doesn’t even run. Super weird. Anyways, I don’t perceive centos 6 as being soooo old, so wondering about that.
>
> syntax error at ../utils/postgis_proc_upgrade.pl line 273, near "s/CREATE AGGREGATE/CREATE OR REPLACE AGGREGATE/r”

Looks like that's a perl 5.14 feature:
https://www.perl.com/pub/2011/05/new-features-of-perl-514-non-destructive-substitution.html/

And centos6 has:
$ perl --version
This is perl, v5.10.1 (*) built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

I think you could just write:
my $pg12_def = $def;
$pg12def =~ s/CREATE AGGREGATE/CREATE OR REPLACE AGGREGATE/r;

--
Justin Pryzby
System Administrator